Re: Mach 2 Parking Funnies

Roland Christen

Sounds like maybe location or time is incorrect or inconsistent between the keypad, ASCOM driver and/or APCC.

From: Stacey Mills <w4sm@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 30, 2021 3:55 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Parking Funnies

I saw this once before but that was several months ago.  I send the scope to Park2 and looking at the scope and index marks it's clearly in the correct position but the APCC readout says something like Az=87, El=-11.  So I send the mount to the home position and then back to Park2 and APCC properly indicates Az=90, El=0 (the scope is exactly where it was the first time but not the readout is correct).  I properly shut everything down.  This evening when I start it back up it's back to saying Az=87, El=-11 even though it's clearly at 90/0. ...so back to the home position and then back to Park2 and once again it's correct.  Strange.

-Stacey