There's not enough information to determine a cause. For example, was there a Dec-Arc model in play? Which version of APCC?
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of michael mccann via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 12:57 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] NINA and ASTAP dance
The weirdest thing happened tonight, and it worked fine last night. After using PHD2 —>
- using NINA framing tool I initiated the ‘slew and center ‘ function on M31
- AP 1600 slewed to within a few seconds of the targeted framing destination
-Nina plate-solve tool takes a photo, Andromeda is mostly in the photos and ASTAP reports “00,44,05 and
41,12,31 just a little off,
- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 22,05,15 and 41,20,30many degrees off.
- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 00,43,32 and 41,12,31 close, only a little off.
- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 22,05,53 and 41,20,31 again many degrees off.
This happened several more times before I stopped it.
Question: could meridian limits interfere?? I tested several other targets that weren’t testing the limits. I had the
same tennis court action from NINA plate solve and ASTAP .
So that leads to probably asking how to resolve this. I’m hoping that someone here recognizes which software
( NINA or ASTAP) that needs to address this issue.
Oh, this acted the same with an October or November nightly version of NINA and Sunday’s version of Beta.