NINA and ASTAP dance

michael mccann

The weirdest thing happened tonight, and it worked fine last night. After using PHD2 —>
- using NINA framing tool I initiated the ‘slew and center ‘ function on M31
- AP 1600 slewed to within a few seconds of the targeted framing destination
-Nina plate-solve tool takes a photo, Andromeda is mostly in the photos and ASTAP reports “00,44,05 and 41,12,31 just a little off,
- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 22,05,15 and 41,20,30many degrees off.

- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 00,43,32 and 41,12,31 close, only a little off.

- plate-solve initiates a slew to correct, However slews to — 22,05,53 and 41,20,31 again many degrees off.
This happened several more times before I stopped it.

Question: could meridian limits interfere?? I tested several other targets that weren’t testing the limits. I had the same tennis court action from NINA plate solve and ASTAP .

So that leads to probably asking how to resolve this. I’m hoping that someone here recognizes which software ( NINA or ASTAP) that needs to address this issue.

Oh, this acted the same with an October or November nightly version of NINA and Sunday’s version of Beta.

Thanks ahead