Re: New NINA plugin for APCC now in beta: Astro-Physics Tools

Dale Ghent

On Nov 25, 2021, at 10:23, Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:

In looking through the documentation it certainly appears that you guys have created a very elegant way to do things.

I am presently connecting APPM to Sequence Generator Pro for the camera operation and the plate solving [PlateSolve2]. In my first read through of your Astro Physics Tools documentation I didn't see reference to plate solving [ I could have missed it] so I am assuming that the user needs to install and implement their plate solving method for APPM to use independent of Astro-Physics Tools and NINA, correct?
Yep. You do need to select and configure their desired plate solver in APPM. In the context of using NINA as the camera, the realistic options are ASTAP, TSX, or PinPoint. For NINA, our preference skews towards ASTAP, and APPM can utilize the same ASTAP installation that you use in NINA.

/dale