Re: On AP Telescopes

Howard Ritter

Wow, a 180? That puts you among the Elect, for sure! I bought my 155EDF not long after that, and I can’t recall whether the 180 was by then unavailable or merely unaffordable. The 155 will be one of the OTAs that I’ll be using in rotation on the 1600GTO that’s to be delivered in February and which I’ll mount either on the Giant Field Tripod from my Meade 16” LX200 or on a pier.

—howard

On Nov 22, 2021, at 10:56 AM, M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...> wrote:

Great Video !

Life is full of missed opportunities. When I ordered my first A-P scope back in 1992 I was mainly interested in the 180 EDT, but I was also going to order a Traveler along with it. Unfortunately, my budget could not quite handle two refractors and a mount all at once, so something had to go. I took the Traveler off my order intending to buy one later, but I never did.

Mike