Re: On AP Telescopes

Jeff B

I notice Ed went back to the early, pre-ED Starfires, but no further back.  Too bad as the old 5" F6 was/is a complete blast.  Yeah it had some residual aberrations but a 4.5" to 4.0" stop knocked them down without too much of a hit in resolution.  And with the reducer, wow, was it ever a bright telephoto/astrograph (for film back then).  There was also the 4" F6 "Standard Christen Triplet",  "pre-Traveler" from back then too.  Again, with the reducer it was/is a dynomite telephoto, very sharp, color free and easy to handle.  One of the really dumb things I have done (and there have been many) was selling the best sample of that one I had.

Jeff

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:56 AM M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...> wrote:
Great Video !

Life is full of missed opportunities. When I ordered my first A-P scope back in 1992 I was mainly interested in the 180 EDT, but I was also going to order a Traveler along with it. Unfortunately, my budget could not quite handle two refractors and a mount all at once, so something had to go. I took the Traveler off my order intending to buy one later, but I never did.

Mike