Re: Does NINA auto meridian flip with APCC

Rouz

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 07:32 PM, ap@... wrote:

Set up this way what happens is this:

  • As you approach meridian, it looks to see before each exposure if you have time for another image before 1 minute before, so if you are doing 3 minute images and pausing 1 minute before, it may stop anywhere from 1 minute to 4 minutes before meridian.  NINA stops tracking (APCC just sits there)
  • Time passes until 1 minute after transit
  • Now NINA sends a slew (and I think a set pierside), APCC now knows the target is on the other side of the meridian, and flips the mount.
  • NINA (if set) recenters, focuses (if set), starts guiding (if set) and starts the sequence going again.

But that's the simple approach, and (using the 3 minute exposures) I waste 2-5 minutes per night.  Such a travesty.  😊

Thanks Linwood,

That used to work a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if it was an update or something I did.

I issue I suspect is that Nina says meridian in say 1 minute, but APCCs number is 16 minutes.

So when the command is sent it still sees it has 16 minutes to go.

Ill try setting Nina to 20 minutes past meridian and try again now.

Rouz