Re: Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window


M Hambrick
 

I ran another series of indoor experiments last night trying to duplicate the problem I experienced on November 8

I set up using my normal configuration with the 1100 mount connected to APCC via ethernet cable and to the AP-V2 Driver through a virtual port. Next I started up MaxIm DL and connected to my cameras (STXL16200 imaging and ST2000-XM guiding). This time, instead of plugging the camera USB cables directly into the USB ports on the laptop I plugged them into the REX unit of an Icron Ranger 2304. Finally, I connected MaxIm DL to the mount through the AP-V2 driver. 

Even when running the cameras through the USB hub (not recommended by Diffraction Ltd) I was not able to replicate the issue from the other night. I put the mount through a series of GoTo commands from both the Catalog tab in the MaxIm DL Observatory Control window, and from the Target Coordinates window in the Telescope tab. Each time I moved the mount I took several images after the slewing was completed. In every case the telescope status and position in MaxIm DL matched what it was in APCC and the AP-V2 driver.

Although it is not normal to try to slew the mount while guiding (except by mistake) I want to try another variation of this experiment with the guider running. But since I can not really simulate guiding indoors I will have to set up outdoors to do so. The theory is that excessive "traffic" in the USB cables may be causing MaxIm DL to lose its way.

Mike

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.