From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Nov 12, 2021 6:06 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

Thanks Roland

I  don't use SkyX, and I have my keypad set up for external connection.

What you describe sounds similar to what happened to me earlier this week when this problem first occurred. I was able to move and park the mount through APCC (I didn't try the keypad), but MaxIm was totally unresponsive and wouldn't even let me disconnect from the mount because it thought it was still slewing. I had to use the Task Master to close out MaxIm. I didn't reboot my laptop, but I closed all the programs, powered down the mount and cameras, and then restarted from the beginning. MaxIm connected to the mount OK, but locked up after the first slew, again with the status thinking that it was still slewing.

When I did the test indoors last night I had my cameras connected last night and took several "images" during my testing, but I could not duplicate the problem. I will try again this evening and do a few more moves and slews along with the images this evening.

The ironic part about all of this is that until about 1-1/2 weeks ago I had never used APCC or MaxIm to control my mount. In just the few times I was able to do so I was amazed at how much easier some of the things I had been manually doing are with these programs. In particular I like the ability to click on an image at the spot I want the mount to point.

I hope you don't mind that I passed your comments on to Doug and Colin at Diffraction Ltd.

Mike