Re: Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

Roland Christen

If by Device hub he means the ASCOM Driver, then I do get an error each time I attempt to connect, with or without APCC in the mix. Just straight MaximDL to mount thru the ASCOM driver. The driver does show proper status and position, MaximDL shows "Error". This used to always work, but now no longer. I don't know what changed in my laptop since I use it only for imaging.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Nov 12, 2021 2:57 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

Hi Ray

Doug George at Diffraction Ltd asked me to try using the ASCOM Device Hub instead of APCC to see if the mount status and position was being consistently communicated to the different devices. When I set it up inside I could not replicate the error I was getting the other night (which was that after the first GoTo was executed, MaxIm continued to think that the mount was still slewing and would accept no further commands to the mount).

As I mentioned earlier, I am not sure I set it up the way he asked me to do. I keep wondering if there is a generic ASCOM driver that he wanted me to use instead of the AP-V2 Driver. Here is what he asked me to do. Please let me know if you think he was asking me to do something different.

Mike

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.