From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee Dodge
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2021 3:12 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Lost in space

OK, a variation on the same theme for my AP1100 with absolute encoders. I was happily imaging on Arp273,
even using the pointing and tracking model that I had made just for that declination (I used +35 and +40 degrees
declination). I was ready to climb out of the dome and take over with my other computer located in a warm
building. I bumped the scope enough to throw it off by a degree or so. I asked APPM to plate solve and recal. It
tried and failed, even using AllSky. I remembered that with absolute encoders you could ask the mount to Go
Home, which I did. However, I could not remember what to do after it got to Home. Then I tried going to Polaris,
and doing a recal there (a bad idea).

What was I supposed to do with the Go Home command?

Lee