Re: Lost in space
I commanded the mount to go to park 3 and retightened the clutches. Then I did a recal on Deneb.
If you did that, then yes, the mount will be lost. However, if you do this:
1) Go to Park3 with clutches loose.
2) when the mount stops moving, manually place the axes in Park3 position and tighten the clutches.
3) Go to Objects Menu and choose star (Deneb) and press GoTo.
4) the mount should go close to the star.
5) center the star and press Recal
Now you are found (i.e. not lost)
From: Astrobob <imager1940@...>
To: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tue, Nov 9, 2021 10:00 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Lost in space
I had this problem a few years ago but can’t remember what I did to fix it.
Today I regreased my AP1200 mount. Everything went well. However, I cannot get the mount to find anything.
I loosened the clutches, I commanded the mount to go to park 3 and retightened the clutches. Then I did a recal on Deneb.
The mount went the opposite direction. I cannot recal on anything. The mount seems to have a mind of it’s own.
I must be missing something because all was well before the maintenance.
I’m using The Sky 6 pro and APCC v5.09.09 on a Windows 7 pro laptop.
Sent from Mail for Windows