Re: Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

Roland Christen

It probably won't show anything in APCC logs. I have exactly the same problem with MaximDL hooked directly to the mount via the ASCOM driver without APCC.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 9, 2021 8:56 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

> Tonight, after connecting my cameras and mount to MaxIm I gave the first GoTo command to the mount from
> MaxIm and it executed it correctly, but afterwards the mount would accept no more GoTo or any other
> commands through the MaxIm observatory control window. Note that when I gave the mount commands
> through APCC it behaved normally.

We're going to need to see your APCC logs to understand what happened.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of M Hambrick
> Sent: Monday, November 8, 2021 9:07 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window
>
> I am not sure if this is an APCC or MaxIm DL problem so I am putting this in both forums.
>
> I have just started running my Astro-Physics 1100 GTO mount through Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC
> Pro Version 1.9.0.11) and the Observatory control window in MaxIm DL Pro (currently on V 6.29), and until
> tonight there have been no issues other than the normal learning curve.
>
> I am using the AP ASCOM V2 Telescope Driver (version 5.30.10)
>
> Tonight, after connecting my cameras and mount to MaxIm I gave the first GoTo command to the mount from
> MaxIm and it executed it correctly, but afterwards the mount would accept no more GoTo or any other
> commands through the MaxIm observatory control window. Note that when I gave the mount commands
> through APCC it behaved normally.
>
> What I have observed is that after the mount finished slewing to the GoTo object, The mount status in MaxIm
> thought the mount was still slewing. Clicking the Abort button made no difference.
>
> I shut down and restarted the mount, MaxIm, and APCC several times but always got the same result after the
> first GoTo command was executed.
>
> Until tonight I had been using a Cat 5e .ethernet cable to connect from the mount controller to my computer.
> Tonight I started out with a new Cat 6a cable, but switching back to the original Cat 5e cable made no
> difference.
>
> Mike
>
>
>

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.