Re: Guider Settings

Roland Christen

Your setting of .01 seconds of time = 0.15 arc seconds at 1x sidereal. That's pretty small unless your star scintillation is close to zero.

From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 1, 2021 1:29 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Guider Settings

I read in a recent discussion thread where Roland recommended that the minimum move in the guider settings should never be less than 0.3 seconds in either RA or DEC. I believe that the discussion was pertaining to the guider settings in PHD, but do the same guidelines also apply for MaxIm DL ? The screen shot below shows my current guider settings ion MaxIm DL. I have never changed any of these settings except for the delay between exposures which I changed from zero to 1 second.

What about the Maximum move ? Any guidelines there ?

Should I also have the Enable simultaneous RA and DEC corrections box checked ?

Mike