Re: Auto meridian flips with SGP

Tom Zepf

Edited

I have struggled with this a great deal as well. This may not the best configuration for your circumstance, but the following screenshots of APCC and SGPro settings work reliably for me now.

I could be off-base, but I believe *not* checking the box to send updates to SGPro and allowing counterweight up slews were what finally got this working. There seems to be some sort of race condition I could never work around.

In my case, I am using a meridian limits file I tweaked in an editor to just be a simple 2 degree limit east and west, but this should work with any set of limits. Be aware, if you aren't, that SGPro cannot do a meridian flip "underneath" the pole. But this configuration is rare and will cause the scope to stop tracking in that case, so it should fail safe.

I did spend a great deal of time using the very useful ASCOM Sky Simulator to debug this in daylight hours. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sky-simulator/

Now, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm working on replicating my workflow in N.I.N.A. which seems much more flexible, speedy, and has developers actively working on it.

Good luck and clear skies!

Tom

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.