Re: NINA or APCC

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Do we have a difference in format.

Let's start with your first case, where for RA you had almost identical values except the fits header.  You showed a conversion of 23.461914 to 23:27:42.89 but that is d:m:s and should be h:m:s, which converts to 1h33m50.8s, which is almost identical to the plate solve (1h33m49s or 48.91).

Second case is similar, the fits header you had is 24:10:26.76 but I think you have as d:m:s, which is 24.1741d which is 1h36m41.7s which is what the PI solver appeared to give.

I'm also not sure if these are all J2000.  NINA's display is, solvers are, not sure on APCC's status (or ascom's status), as I know the goto page does both, never checked and do not have it set up tonight (and a quick browse of the manual did not say, though it was addressed for APPM).

But is this just a D:M:S vs H:M:S issue?

Or are you concerned about the small difference (a couple arc minutes or so)?  That's more than I would expect, which is one reason I wonder about the JNOW vs J2000, as that's the right order of magnitude.  I could not find any documentation for whether the RA/DEC in the FITS header is JNOW or J2000 (I am pretty sure the astrometric solution is J2000), and I think APCC is J200 but not really sure (NINA should be J2000).

But a couple arc minutes should not keep PI's image solver from working, isn't that how we got onto this?

Sorry, confused.

Linwood