Re: APPM and NINA Plate Solving -- Possible to use PlateSolve2?

Sébastien Doré

Hi John,

APPM steers its own instance of the platesolver you have configured, so its not using NINA as a "proxy" similarly to what it does with the "camera" function or even with the SGP platesolver (if I understand this right - I am not an SGP user).

The only supported platesolvers are the following and need to be configured in the Plate Solve Settings tabs directly in APPM:
  • PinPoint
  • TheSkyX Image Link
  • Sequence Generator Pro (which is probably what you have configured right now and the reason for the error you are getting)
  • ASTAP
So in short, there are currently no ways to use the solver you have configured in NINA (e.g. Platesolve2 in your case) to run a model in APPM. Might be a good candidate request for future enhancements though... 

Sébastien

De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de John Upton <upton@...>
Envoyé : 1 novembre 2021 14:45
À : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : [ap-gto] APPM and NINA Plate Solving -- Possible to use PlateSolve2?

HI,

I am attempting to learn NINA to try it out after using SGP for the past 8 years. I still like SGP but NINA (1.11) is looking more feature rich and I think I should at least try it out.

I have Plate Solving working in NINA using PlateSolve2. I can take and image a solve it within NINA. I wanted to try to build a simple model in APPC (via APPM) as I have been doing with SGP.

I set up the camera control in APPM to use NINA and it connected to the NINA server just fine. I already had APPM configured to use PlateSolve2 (when I was using SGP) so just tried a Plate Solve and Recal to see what happens. That is when I discovered that APPM seems to be locked to use ASTAP when using NINA. Even with the APPM camera set to NINA, APPM threw an error saying SGP was not running (which was true but unexpected).

Is there a way to use my working PlateSolve2 through NINA in APPM or must I install yet another plate solver (ASTAP) just to do modeling in APPM with NINA?

John

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.