Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen

Good morning Ray,

Wahhh, thank you for letting me know. I will install it right away and give it a try as soon as the weather clears up. 

Keep you posted.

Best regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 31 oct. 2021 à 02:07, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
Hi Aygen,

If you want to give this new version (v5.40.00) of the AP V2 driver a try, I think it might fix the issues you have been seeing:

https://www.gralak.com/apdriver/AstroPhysics_V2_Setup_5.40.00.exe

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2021 7:16 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"
>
> Thank you Ray, you're right regarding APCC - don't know why I uninstalled it (maybe due to some
> irritations...).
>
> Keep you posted.
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>
> Le sam. 23 oct. 2021 à 01:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>
>       Hi Aygen,
>
>       First, you don't need to uninstall APCC, as it is not the problem. In fact, APCC identified a hidden
> problem!!
>
>       You can configure the ASCOM driver to communicate directly with the mount instead of APCC. This will
> take APCC completely out of the loop.
>
>       BTW, you might want to try each of these versions to see if any work with your Windows Enterprise o/s:
>
>       AstroPhysics V2 Setup v5.21.01
>       AstroPhysics V2 Setup v5.20.09
>
>       These two do not support TCP:
>       AstroPhysics V2 Setup v5.09.09
>       AstroPhysics V2 Setup v5.09.07
>
>       You can download those from here:
>
>       https://www.gralak.com/apdriver/
>
>       And that error message is generated when there is no network response from the mount. If you see one
> occasionally, it is probably just network congestion, and you can ignore it. However, if it happens often, it
> could be a sign that the local network is not very reliable.
>
>       -Ray
>
>       > -----Original Message-----
>       > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>       > Sent: Friday, October 22, 2021 3:35 PM
>       > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>       > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
> received!"
>       >
>       > So, all updates installed correctly.
>       >
>       > I gave it a try with the regional setting back = problem back ! This is really, really embarrassing and
> irritating.
>       > Sure, by having the regional setting as if I am in the USA, it's seems to be working as a breeze.
> However, and
>       > as mentioned, by doing this, I have only limited access to my automated software.
>       >
>       > Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. For the time being, I will test only with the AP driver
> (APCC
>       > uninstalled) and see what result I can get.
>       >
>       > Last, what might cause the below message (first time I got it) ?
>       >
>       >
>       >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.