Re: Mach1 and Payload - 12" RC

Steven Waldren

Capacity Approximately 65 lb. (30 kg) of scope and accessories, depending on length. Recommended for: Astro-Physics and similar fast refractors up to our 160 mm f7.5 Starfire EDF, 8-12" SCTs and 8-10" Maks.

These are only guidelines. Some telescopes are very long for their weight or heavy for their size and will require a larger mount. Remember also that imaging requirements are more rigid than visual observation.

On Oct 26, 2021, at 3:53 PM, Steven Waldren via groups.io <swaldren@...> wrote:

I thought I read the capacity was “revised” to 65lb.

On Oct 26, 2021, at 3:45 PM, Phillip Klein <klein.phillip@...> wrote:

Hi Steven,I

 I am a Mach 1 GTO owner and I am under the impression the Mach 1 GTO max payload is 45 lbs without counterweights.

Best,

Phillip

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 1:38 PM Steven Waldren via groups.io <swaldren=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking at getting a new OTA and want to maximize the upgrade (have a 9.25 SCT now) without replacing the mount.

I am wondering about a 12” truss RC (55#) that would put the entire payload weight (minus counterweights) at 65.5 lbs.  I know the manual states payload max is 65. I also know the distance from the center of the mount also matters.

So the question…. Can I make the 12” work, or should I drop down to a 10” (and 20# less weight)?

I want to stay with the 1500 - 2500 mm focal length.

Thanks for the input.

Best,
Steven