Re: Mach1 and Payload - 12" RC

Bill Long

That is correct, it was revised to 65lbs and that is reflected in the product information/history as well.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Steven Waldren via groups.io <swaldren@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 1:53 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 and Payload - 12" RC

I thought I read the capacity was “revised” to 65lb.

On Oct 26, 2021, at 3:45 PM, Phillip Klein <klein.phillip@...> wrote:

Hi Steven,I

 I am a Mach 1 GTO owner and I am under the impression the Mach 1 GTO max payload is 45 lbs without counterweights.

Best,

Phillip

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 1:38 PM Steven Waldren via groups.io <swaldren=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking at getting a new OTA and want to maximize the upgrade (have a 9.25 SCT now) without replacing the mount.

I am wondering about a 12” truss RC (55#) that would put the entire payload weight (minus counterweights) at 65.5 lbs.  I know the manual states payload max is 65. I also know the distance from the center of the mount also matters.

So the question…. Can I make the 12” work, or should I drop down to a 10” (and 20# less weight)?

I want to stay with the 1500 - 2500 mm focal length.

Thanks for the input.

Best,
Steven