Re: Newbie questions

DFisch

I use the gun safe dehumidifier rods too, mostly in my safes.    They are designed to create an airflow in the tube, not wanted in a telescope but welcomed when you are drying out air and changing the ambient temp.

TJF ThinkPad1

From: Brian Valente
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 9:56 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Newbie questions

Along these lines, I use an inexpensive gun safe dehumidifier

It emits low level heat and has very little risk of things catching fire

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:50 AM Howard Ritter via groups.io <howard.ritter=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

Clever idea, Jack, thanks!

Howard

On Oct 25, 2021, at 9:37 AM, Jack Huerkamp <Mallincamusa@...> wrote:

Howard,

If you a cover similar to a ScopeStuff 24/7 cover with reflectix on the inside, just hang a 25 to 40 whatt bulb below the scope, let it run and the heat it generates will keep the mount and electronics dry.  I did that for years with good results.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC