From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike C
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 10:06 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC error: "FindFeeQacIndex:no free entries!"

I once tried quite hard to get a StarTech Ethernet to Serial converter working to run my APCC from. After it
became clear that I would never get rid of comm packets getting lost occasionally, I ditched it and went back to
a hard wired connection. However, once the StarTech drivers were installed on the PC, a re-install of APCC
would never work again, the virtual serial ports would never function, and it would get exactly that QacIndex
error. I believe that error is from the virtual serial port software saying it can't do something.

I removed every piece of software related to the StarTech drivers I could find, but the QacIndex error
continued. I wrote AP for technical assistance. George taught me to look in the device manager for hidden
devices. There were some, I removed them and checked their file names and removed all those files manually.
The QacIndex errors continued.

In the end I wiped the PC, reinstalled Win10 and APCC immediately installed and I never saw the error again.