Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Christopher Erickson wrote:

  • ...and most USB connectors and cables are junk.

And it's getting harder and harder to actually get good ones.

That's why I was so delighted getting this mount with the CP4 and being able to shift to ethernet.  I can make ethernet cables, I can test them, and (except exceptionally rarely) they do not just go flakey at 2am just because.

If a USB cable acts up it goes in the garbage, the Darwin theory of how to find good cables. So I have a stable of ones that work fairly well, but it is still delightful to run the CP4 off ethernet.

(And yes I realize a lot of peoples' home networks can then introduce their own problems, but those are self inflicted.)

Thank you AP, Ray, whomever for adding ethernet.

Linwood