Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Christopher Erickson

...and most USB connectors and cables are junk.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 7:13 AM Erkaslan Aygen <aygen.erkaslan@...> wrote:
Dear Ray,

Thank you, I will do it right away.

I wish you an excellent start into the new week.

My best regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 16:11, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
Aygen,

If you are using a desktop computer, I suggest you get a good serial-port add-in card and use that instead of USB as the backup port (and maybe consider it as the primary connection).

Although the USB protocol is usually fine, many computers do not implement the hardware and/or drivers in the best way. Reliability can depend on other USB devices that are connected. Also, USB cables have very restrictive cable length requirements compared to serial port cables.

-Ray