Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen

Thank you, Ray, for your great support. 

I am currently reviewing my network in detail to see whether there is something to improve from my side.

As of now, my mount is connected via TCP LAN + a backup port (USB). Regarding this latter, isn't it a "safe" way especially (let's assume) in case the network is not really "robust" ? 

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 02:00, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

Yes, probably. Try parking to Park 3 which should place the counterweight shaft pointing to the ground. If it is not, then manually adjust the mount so that it is in the Park 3 position.

Also, I noticed a lot of failed network responses in your logs. Maybe the mount was powered off, but if not, it could be connection to the mount is not very solid.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 3:43 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are
> getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?
>
> I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.
>
> Regards,
> Aygen
>
> Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>
>       Hi Aygen,
>
>
>
>       I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a
> decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.
>
>
>
>       However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has
> protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure
> that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in
> APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the
> RECAL.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>       -Ray
>
>
>
>       > -----Original Message-----
>
>       > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>
>       > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM
>
>       > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
>       > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been
> received!"
>
>       >
>
>       > Good evening Ray,
>
>       >
>
>       > Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to
> be
>
>       > working now.
>
>       >
>
>       > However, another message occurred :(
>
>       >
>
>       > *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !
>
>       >
>
>       > I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.
>
>       >
>
>       > Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-
> AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-
>
>       > 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0
>
>       >
>
>       > Best regards,
>
>       > Aygen
>
>       >
>
>       > Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >          Hi Aygen ,
>
>       >
>
>       >          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use
> a
>
>       > comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why
> this is
>
>       > just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a
> decimal
>
>       > point.
>
>       >
>
>       >          -Ray
>
>       >
>
>       >          > -----Original Message-----
>
>       >          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen
>
>       >          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM
>
>       >          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
>       >          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not
> been
>
>       > received!"
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Dear Ray,
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do
> the
>
>       > config "now"
>
>       >          > of the AP Driver.
>
>       >          >
>
>       >          > Regards,
>
>       >          > Aygen
>
>       >          >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>       >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.