Re: VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

Erkaslan Aygen

Hi Ray,

Mmmh, seems are getting a bit complicated I must admit. And now, when parking to position 5, the CW are getting quite high !!!! What's happening ? Is is related to the "decimal" point that I changed :( ?

I apply your suggestions and let you know asap.

Regards,
Aygen

Le dim. 17 oct. 2021 à 00:18, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :

Hi Aygen,

I'm going to assume that all of your astronomy applications are now using "." instead of a comma as a decimal point. If that is not the case, then you may need to change settings in those applications.

However, if all apps are using "." as a decimal point, then it could be a bad RECAL. APCC has protection against bad plate solves or syncing on the wrong star in a planetarium program. But, if you are sure that telescope pointing is off by 13.651 degrees, you can disable the setting "Prevent errant RECALs" in APCC's advanced settings (see screenshot below). Make sure to enable it again after you have completed the RECAL.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:59 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been received!"

>

> Good evening Ray,

>

> Thank you so much for your kind support, much appreciated. I did change the setting and it seems to be

> working now.

>

> However, another message occurred :(

>

> *       VPort 3 : Recal failed because it is too far (13.651 > 5 000 degrees) from current RA/Dec !

>

> I am honestly lost ! Don't know what's happening all of a sudden.

>

> Link to the log if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfnj50px7c1zhv/ApccZip-AYGEN_ERKASLAN-2021-

> 10-16-235257.zip?dl=0

>

> Best regards,

> Aygen

>

> Le sam. 16 oct. 2021 à 23:10, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> a écrit :

>

>

>          Hi Aygen ,

>

>          I just got a chance to review your logs. The problem is the AP V2 ASCOM driver is trying to use a

> comma as a decimal point, which is producing invalid coordinates in some cases. I am not sure why this is

> just starting to happen, but you may need to adjust your Windows regional settings to use "." as a decimal

> point.

>

>          -Ray

>

>          > -----Original Message-----

>          > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Erkaslan Aygen

>          > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 8:05 AM

>          > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

>          > Subject: Re: [ap-gto] VPort2 / Fault / Sync Target: Valid Alt/Az, RA/Dec, HA/Dec has not been

> received!"

>          >

>          > Dear Ray,

>          >

>          > Thank you very much for your quick reply. Below is link to access the files.

>          >

>          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo9lxj6ggq9p6zo/AscomZip-Aygen-2021-10-16-165729.zip?dl=0

>          >

>          > In the meantime, I did follow one of your recommendation to delete the ap.ini files and re-do the

> config "now"

>          > of the AP Driver.

>          >

>          > Regards,

>          > Aygen

>          >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.