Re: GoTos

Roland Christen

Could be anything, depends also on how far you are off. Without more specifics, we are shooting in the wind.

From: Michael Hamburg via groups.io <michael_hamburg44@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 13, 2021 9:16 am
Subject: [ap-gto] GoTos

I truly love my AP900 GTO3 which I bought from the original owner a couple of years ago. However, I cannot get accurate GoTos no matter what I try. I use solely the had controller with the upgraded chip. I have synched, recalibrated, loosened  the clutches, issued GoTo commands, and retightened the clutches. I currently carry a Celestron Edge 11 HD with an Orion 80mm ED refractor piggybacked. The mount easily carries this set-up. So - is it 1) user error? 2) cone error (orthogonality?) 3) software bug? or 4) a nasty gremlin? Please help!

Michael HamburgEmoji