Re: Mach2 with TEC180 for visual

Shailesh Trivedi

Thank you to everyone for your inputs. I have used my TEC180FL on a Paramount MX which I no longer have. The MX had a payload capacity of 90lbs and I reduced the max slew rate and it did take a while to damp out & Tpoint models took a while; after that I have taken > 30 minutes guided subs for many months.

See image. Now I have retrofitted the same pier and it holds an AP1100. I also have an AP Mach2, on a Losmandy FHD tripod. I am sure the TEC180FL will be ok on the AP1100, not sure about the Mach2 though.

Shailesh