Re: Possible bug in APCC with park?

Roland Christen

You need a remote controlled umbrella. British style, big and boisterous.

From: ap@... <ap@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Oct 7, 2021 3:33 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Possible bug in APCC with park?

Howard Hedlund wrote:
  • Don't park with other software.  APCC is already open anyway.  Use APCC to park your mount.
I’ll add one flavor onto this.

I have the APCC park default set to 3, which is where I load and unload the OTA.  In park 3 though, the telescope points (somewhat) up.

I have the Ascom V2 driver set to park 2.  It has a separate default.  The reason for this is that if rain is detected, the safety monitor tells NINA to tell ASCOM to do a park.  Park 2 points the telescope horizontally, where less rain will hit the objective while I run outside to haul things inside, also I think most of the other devices are less vulnerable level.  Note this is a “safety” inside NINA from an ASCOM safety monitor, not the same as APCC’s safety which is related to a disconnect.

So I agree with what you said sort of – I always manually park from APCC. But I have the other set up for a different purpose.  It is nice that there are two defaults (actually three counting safety park in APCC).

FWIW.

Linwood