Just a few brief thoughts:
- Park is a state. (as opposed to a State Park)
- Park means that the motors and their encoders are no longer energized. Nothing more.
- The mount can park, or can be parked in any position.
- For normal operation, the mount MUST remain actively connected to APCC - This is a SAFETY feature! In APCC:
- click the Park tab,
- find the Safety Park group box at the upper right corner
- click its lovely little ? in the corner. You will be rewarded with some answers
- Don't park with other software. APCC is already open anyway. Use APCC to park your mount.