Re: APCC - APPM - and ASTAP

Ron Kramer

PNG files won't have the data (RA DEC) that FITS headers contain.
Yes ASTAP is best and fastest.  Yes works with NINA and APPM.
I had some hiccups - I think bin2 was the answer.  APPM model is the best thing I've done for my Mach1. I no longer have to guide at all.  Tested up to 1000 second exposures.  I use to get trails or elongated stars over 40 seconds.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:29 PM Jack Huerkamp <Mallincamusa@...> wrote:

I was not running the mount at all.  I was inside my house running ASTAP in stand alone mode on my home computer to become familiar with it.  According to the ASTAP site, it is possible to solve images by feeding them directly into the program.  That is what I was trying to do, and no matter what image I fed into the program, it failed to solve.  That is when I contacted Han at hnsky.org and he provided things to try to get the images to solve – and they did.

Once I am out in the observatory and running ASTAP with APPM on my mount, scope and camera, hopefully all will work as designed.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC