Re: #APCC #Mach2 - 3D viewer weird scope position while it is parked (or even while slewing sometimes) #apcc #APCC

Roland Christen

I would have to let Ray take a look.

From: Seb@stro <sebastiendore1@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 6, 2021 4:55 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC #Mach2 - 3D viewer weird scope position while it is parked (or even while slewing sometimes) #apcc #apcc #mach2

Here's what I get. Everything synced to the second (look at the Ottawa time on my cell phone).

When I attempt to check Location on the keypad, I get the following message: "Keypad in EXT mode". I did initialize the mount with APCC and just checked it too has the correct time & date and location as you can see in the screenshot.

So not sure what else I can have wrongly set. If it were a bad sync, it wouldn't get fixed when I click on "Resync 3D viewer", wouldn't it ?

Just to make sure I'm making myself understood correctly, please notice that the scope position in the 3D viewer has been changing continously during all day, even if the scope is Parked right now and has been parked all day.

Anyway, I would have noticed such a big offset while imaging (successfully) at 2000 mm for the last three nights. I set everything up on monday, and weather has been cooperating since then so I have not touched a thing except perhaps refining PA (for at most +/- 10 arc-sec) from night to night.

Here's a link to my logs anyway:

Sébastien