Re: #APCC #Mach2 - 3D viewer weird scope position while it is parked (or even while slewing sometimes) #apcc #APCC

Sébastien Doré

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your reply. My computer is permanently connected to Internet and time is correct. 

One important thing I omitted in my previous message is that, at the time I park the mount, the 3d viewer shows the correct position (park 2). But sometimes, like this morning, it gets pretty obvious. It looks like the 3d viewer shows the mount is still tracking even if it is not. See for yourself below. I am positive it still is parked at park2 right now (and not at the position showed, obviously).

Sébastien

De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Envoyé : 6 octobre 2021 14:43
À : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [ap-gto] #APCC #Mach2 - 3D viewer weird scope position while it is parked (or even while slewing sometimes) #apcc #apcc #mach2

The Mach2 mount always parks the actual telescope at the same gear angle - that is controlled by the internal encoders. The parks are independent of time or hour angle. Same with Home.

APCC calculates scope position using time and hour angle. Any error in sync or recal will affect where the scope is shown in the viewer. In your case it appears that your computer clock time is off by 6 hours. It doesn't appear that you did an errant sync because the viewer shows the Dec axis to be correct. Just the RA axis is off by 6 hours, so I suspect either a 6 hour clock time offset somewhere in your applications or you have a 6 hour error in the longitude.

Roland
_._,_._,_

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.