Re: APCC - APPM - and ASTAP

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Jack Huerkamp wrote:

  • Mainly image scale, but putting a rough RA and Dec into the boxes so that the program did not have to search the entire sky helped a lot.  I assume that when running APPM with ASTAP, I will see the target RA and Dec and then I will be able to input them into ASTAP to help refine the plate solving.  I will find out once the skies clear here in SE Louisiana.

No,  you should not need to, the RA/DEC should be provided by the connection to your mount and/or by the FITS headers (not completely sure which, they both provide it).

If you were doing this running the simulator you should also connect to the same simulator in APPM and NINA.  Both NINA and APPM should have a connection to the (same) mount.