Re: Smart Meridian Flip with NINA #APCC

Ray Gralak

Hi Joe,

Each time a message would come up that the computer had lost connection with the telescope.
Losing a connection to the mount sounds like a possible cable issue. How are you connecting to the mount? Via network, serial port, or USB port?

I may have some time today to look at the logs if you use APCC's log zipper utility and post a link to the zip file. Include your APCC Logs, APPM logs and PNT files, and ASCOM logs. Also, post descriptions of each issue with that issue's approximate time so that I know where to start looking.

BTW, if you are using Dec Arc tracking, I recommend you turn off pointing correction if any of the pointing terms have very high values (greater than 1800 or less than -1800).

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Beyer
Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2021 9:27 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Smart Meridian Flip with NINA #APCC

It looks like the episode I had with the meridian flip a couple nights ago possibly corrupted something in either
APCC or the V2 driver. Last night I was trying to get the mount pointing in the correct direction and tried to
slew from CdC a couple times. Each time a message would come up that the computer had lost connection
with the telescope. At the same time APCC shut down and if I restarted the program without rebooting the
computer the virtual ports had changed and were no longer 20 and 21.

When I get the mount in this morning I thought I'd try loading one of the backup profiles from earlier this week
and see if that might correct the problem.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Joe

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.