Re: Thor's Hammer

Roland Christen

Yes, it was originally made for both deep sky imaging and planetary. Problem is, around here the seeing is never very good, so getting any planetary detail is problematic. The scope needs to be in Florida down by the Gulf where the airflow is laminar.

From: Jeff B <mnebula946@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Oct 1, 2021 10:04 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Thor's Hammer

Great image.  The "little" Mach 2 is certainly hanging in there with that load and focal length.  I suspect it would make an excellent planetary imaging scope too.

Well done sir.

Jeff

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 10:53 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The focus doesn't change during the night. The only thing that changes is the FWHM which starts out at 1.25 arc sec and then slowly creeps up to around 1.7 as the sky scintillation gets worse by the hour. That's the local conditions here unfortunately. In a reall steady night I might get around 1 arc sec resolution with the QSI683 camera.