Re: Rookie Question

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Derek S wrote:

  • How did you attach the powerbox?  I was thinking 1 screw and velcro?

It’s the pocket powerbox, I’m not sure if the larger ones would fit as the RA axis rotates.

I used two 1/4x20 screws, and one of the two brackets it came with (or maybe it was extra I do not know, but from Pegasus).  The bracket does not quite fit a 1/4x20 screw, so I reamed it out (it only takes a very little bit and plenty of metal).

I found two 1/4x20 holes, one was for a socket head, one for the countersunk angled head, and these happen to line up (I think there’s only two that do on one end only of the 16” saddle).  It is not quite straight but pretty close.  You have to slide the saddle back a step also.

With nuts on the bottom tight it holds the PPBadv straight enough I did not need anything else; I had planned thick double sided tape near the end, but didn’t use it.  If I recall you need a specific length for one bolt or it sticks up and blocks the temp probe connector.

It’s outside working for a living right now (and not doing well, it’s attracting clouds!) or I’d send a photo, but can tomorrow if that doesn’t make sense.