Re: Hello All and pardon the newbie questions.....

W Hilmo

I run a C14 on my AP1100, which is close to 55 lb with accessories.

I use 3 of the larger diameter weights and it’s just about perfect with the weights at the top of the shaft.

The counterweights came with my 1100, which I bought used, and I have never weighed them.  I think that they are the 30 lb ones, though.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...> wrote:

In my experience if your OTA+imaging train weighs 55lbs you need more than this since it is recommended to keep the largest CWs close to the top to reduce moment arm swings and then fine balance with a lighter CW lowering on the shaft . You can begin with 1 30lbs, 2 18lb and maybe 1 10lb; also order a 5lb just for posterity.

Shailesh