Re: Hello All and pardon the newbie questions.....

Howard Hedlund

We recommend both the FTDI dongles and the Keyspan by Tripp-Lite.  Both have excellent drivers.  We now sell the FTDI USB to Serial converter because we use the FTDI chipset in the GTOCP4/5.  The same FTDI driver works for both the dongle and the on-board chip.

The Keyspan has the advantage of offering a utility that can be extremely handy for diagnostics.  We DO NOT recommend the cheaper and more generic Tripp-Lite converters – only the more premium Keyspans.

Mag. 7 or Better Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

AP Phone: 815-282-1513

Direct Phone:  815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.