Re: Dec Arc APPM mode: any l best practices for field set up

Howard Hedlund

Hi Andrea, for portable setups, the APCC Dec Arc feature is amazing!  It is perfect for your situation.

I would definitely run 3 arcs if you can spare the time – one right on the target declination, and two more – one a couple degrees north, and the other a couple degrees south of your target dec.

As for the RA density, I would experiment a little.  You presently do 2 arcs each with 10 or so points giving 20 total.  3 arcs totaling between 25 and 30 should rock!

Mag. 7 or Better Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

AP Phone: 815-282-1513

Direct Phone:  815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.