Re: Hello All and pardon the newbie questions.....

Jeffc

Welcome….

On Sep 29, 2021, at 1:34 PM, Michael Kelly <Michael@completedieselva.com> wrote:

. The mount I've bought has a CP3 controller and wondered some insight here in how to integrate. Do I need the CP4 to get the USB-B port which is not on a CP3 but on the CP4?

You can use a Serial -> USB adapter on the CP3. The brand you want to buy is, i think, Tripp-Lite KeySpan.

Tripp Lite Keyspan High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter, PC & Mac (USA-19HS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4SPYE16DG4W4NXRE421F

I’ve used a few different serial/usb adapters with the CP3, but iirc the KeySpan adapter was recommended, and it is the adapter I use with the CP3 and other serial needs like the robofocus (Tho I no longer use robofocus). Other adapters might have questionable chips which aren’t as reliable.

-jeff