From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Geoff Smith
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 5:07 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Questions about APCC

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and start using APCC and naturally I have some questions. The first
concerns using the keypad with APCC. Normally I use the keypad's extensive database to slew to my object. I
occasionally use Maxim DL to do they same thing. Lets suppose I have initialised, unparked etc the mount
using APCC and i have the keypad set on EXT. I now slew to a star with the keypad and find the pointing off
a bit. So I centre the star with the NSWE keypad buttons and decide to do a recal.
1. Do I use the keypad or the GoTo/Recal tab in APCC?
2. If I have plate solved an image in Maxim using PinPoint is it OK to use Maxim's "Sync to solved position"?
Thanks
Geoff