Re: Is this tilt in the image train?

Tom Blahovici

Hi
The image may be somewhat misleading.  The horizontal zoom, results in an image of 85" wide.  So it is extremely zoomed in. CCD inspector shows a tilt of 3-4 arc seconds.
Interestingly, I look through lots of past images and the tilt seems to change depending on where in the sky I am pointing.
Sound like flex, however I have gone through 3 image trains.  All do the same. It's as if something is lose in a cell somewhere in the telescope.
Currently I am using a Moonlight nightcrawler with all screw in adapters.