Re: Is this tilt in the image train?

Bill Long

If no reducer is being used, that's a scope that needs to go back to Takahashi for collimation adjustments IMO.  While they're could be some tilt, it would need to be insanely large to cause that much error in the field.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 12:20 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Is this tilt in the image train?

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi
Now that I have my new AP1100, I am seeing the starts in their true shapes.  Gone are the guiding issues and so on with the new APPM models.
So, this is the first image taken as a test unguided at 5 minutes.  I took the same image with the autoguider running and it made no corrections.

Does this looks like tilt?  In your experience is it? CCDInspector shows a tilt in the direction from lower left to upper right.
It appears to come from before the focuser since the image changes with a 180 degree shift in the camera rotation.

I have tilt adapters both before the focuser (Moonlight nightcrawler) and after.
The telescope is that notorious FSQ106, the telescope plagued with this type of issue.

Thanks, Tom