Re: Reflection in image

Stone, Jack G

There were some articles written on the 12” when it was first released.

One of which was a baffle leak – I tried to google it but to no avail.  But it was reported both in the US and UK predominantly –

Also was the mirror support design – there were modifications as well, seems as though there were some distortions.

There were other mentions as well – If anyone has any references to these articles – would be appreciated.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Valente
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 11:14 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Reflection in image

you might try extending the baffle a few inches (or experiment) and see if you can eliminate it?

I had a similar issue on my cdk20. After I isolated the cause using paper baffle extensions, my solution was to 3d print a baffle extension and attach it 

Problem gone. 

Brian

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 10:55 AM Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...> wrote:

Robert,

I have been fighting the same thing on my 12"GSO RC for years.   I have a truss system.   If you find a remedy, please let me know.  Recently I placed protostar flock on the tube portion of the scope to make it even darker, but I doubt it will help.  It seems to happen when my scope is pointed between 10 degrees and 30 or so degrees, and is less frequent when I am pointed more towards the zenith.  I think it also happens when there is a bright star nearby.

--

Brian 

Brian Valente

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.