Re: Reflection in image

you might try extending the baffle a few inches (or experiment) and see if you can eliminate it?

I had a similar issue on my cdk20. After I isolated the cause using paper baffle extensions, my solution was to 3d print a baffle extension and attach it

Problem gone.

Brian

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 10:55 AM Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...> wrote:
Robert,

I have been fighting the same thing on my 12"GSO RC for years.   I have a truss system.   If you find a remedy, please let me know.  Recently I placed protostar flock on the tube portion of the scope to make it even darker, but I doubt it will help.  It seems to happen when my scope is pointed between 10 degrees and 30 or so degrees, and is less frequent when I am pointed more towards the zenith.  I think it also happens when there is a bright star nearby.

--
Brian

Brian Valente