From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Dodd
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 8:20 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC feature request - Get time from mount

On 9/26/2021 10:51 PM, Brent Boshart wrote:
...The original poster was referring to a circumstance where the
computer is not connected to a network (internet).
NEVER?

If the PC or laptop can be connected to a network every few days (maybe with a wi-fi dongle), the network time sync software could accurately set it then. Most PC clocks are good enough to maintain fairly accurate time over several days.

Or, as The he said, a GPS dongle would do the job. They're inexpensive.

Worst case: Set the PC clock manually by watching an analog clock on a cell phone, and clicking the PC clock button when the cell clock second hand passes 12.

--- Mike