Re: semi-OT: deterring critters in the obsy

Steven Panish

I use 1/4" hardware cloth and also finer mesh where the hardware cloth is impractical.  It seals my house sills and trim against the foundation.  My observatory (on posts) has mesh covering the bottom.  Mice have never gotten into the interior of either structure.  The observatory has board and batten siding over zip-system sheathing, and they have twice somehow made it into the space between the sheathing and the siding.  When they do that I set traps underneath the structure and get them.  And then there are the voles....but they don't come into structures, luckily.

Steve

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 7:31 PM Woody Schlom <woody_is@...> wrote:

Steve,

Yup.  I agree with everything you said.  The super thin copper “Mouse-Mesh” is the only way I’ve found to keep them out of things.  And then I set electronic mouse traps – the ones that zap at a zillion volts.

And yes, I’ve found two mice in my electronic traps.  The second one climbed over the rotting dead body of the first – only to get zapped also.

Woody