From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffc
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 9:33 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Off Topic-NUC Computer

Thx for the pointer on minix. I’ve seen these and wondered if they were underpowered. Now that I think
about it the minix might be appropriate for mount 2 which I’m thinking will initially be doing mostly solar ha
imaging.

As for the 2012 i5 Mac mini… I run SGP, APCC, ASTAP, TheSky5 (old school, I didn’t like X), MGBox,
sharpcap (polar alignment) , UPBV2 , with a QHY-268m camera.

The i5 performance is more than adequate afaict. (I use a separate laptop for processing - Apple Mackbook
Air w/ the M1 processor. The MBA is also used for RemoteDesktop to run SGP, etc, on the MacMini at night.)

-jeff

On Sep 25, 2021, at 7:05 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

CDC and HNSKY Planetariums do not cause any problems on my current MiniX so they should work
well on this one.

SkyX works fine as well, but I do not pan around SkyX looking at the planetarium directly, I only use it
for object lookup which is instant. SkyX Image Link does delay on my MiniX a few seconds longer than a
normal machine would. I have moved over to ASTAP for everything though, which is also practically instant.

-Bill