From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Striebeck
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 1:41 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Off Topic-NUC Computer

The best options to configure a NUC that I found are:

https://simplynuc.com/nuc-products/ (scroll down, you see some pre-configured NUC's but you can "build" them too)

NewEgg has a whole slew of barebones NUCs (e.g. https://www.newegg.com/asrock-4x4-box-4800u/p/N82E16856158069?Item=N82E16856158069) that you can customize

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 10:31 AM Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@...> wrote:

I have been using a "standard" NUC for about 6 years now, both in my roll off roof OBS and while traveling to dark sites.  Three years ago before going on a 6 week trip I bought a second NUC so that I could use the first one as a backup.  The first NUC has an i3 processor the second has an i5 processor.  You won't see much if any difference in download times, but things like plate solving that require more processing power will be significantly faster with the i5.

I maintain both units and both are still going strong despite not being "industrial strength".
joel